Just a little update...

Good morning everyone!  

We have been in Virginia for just over a month now & we are really enjoying it here.  Matt is loving his classes & totally feels confirmation from the Lord that he is supposed to be where he is at.  Oliver & I have made some very sweet friends & the university has a Law Wives program which has been such a blessing!  Becoming friends with other wives & mothers that understand exactly what it is like to have their husbands going through Law school is so wonderful!  Everyone has been so welcoming!

     Oliver is walking EVERYWHERE now, which scares me so much!  He has even been letting go of my hand & running free...  Sad mommy moment right there.  Sniff.  The picture above is when we went to Williamsburg & Oliver decided to run around!  Freedom.

Our house looks like a tornado struck it & we haven't even picked up all the debris!  Slowly (while Ollie naps) I am getting things organized & put away, but it has been very hard to clean the past few weeks.  Things have been so busy & with Matt always at school studying, it has been hard to even spend a few minutes with him.  Two weeks ago, we had to make a trip to the ER because Oliver had a fever & wasn't feeling very good.  We got to the ER around 8 & left about 4 the next morning.  They took a urnine test just to make sure everything was okay (with his kidney reflux), which thankfully everything came back normal!  Then the next three days after, he ate an equivalent of one Ritz cracker, but thankfully kept up on the liquids!  By Saturday, he was feeling better, but then we discovered a rash covering his entire body & we decided to monitor it (since it wasn't toooo bad).  By Sunday, we came to the conclusion that it was these new diapers I had bought (Walmart brand diapers - Oliver has never worn them) that was causing the rash.  So, we quickly went to the store & bought some Pampers & by the next day, the rash was almost completely gone!  Never. Again.  Then, just last night, I got home from visiting a sweet new friend, & Oliver woke & started throwing up the entire night.  It has been a rough couple weeks to say the least.  So, if any of you would like to keep Ollie in your prayers, that would be very appreciated!  He is doing well this morning & we are thinking it was something he ate.  

These are all just little seasons we are going through.  

Honestly, without the Lords help, I would be a complete mess right now.  He is my rock & firm foundation.  I can be a control freak, but what I am constantly realizing everyday is that I can do nothing without the Lord.  Sounds elementary, but it is extremely true!  I know that this wasn't really a fun post, but I wanted to share with you guys what has been going on :) Thank you for all your prayers & encouragements!    

"When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2

mommy & baby loves

No reservations