It has been a little over a month and a half since my last post. I put blogging on hold for numerous reasons:
1. Matt had finals & was busy finishing up his first year of law school
2. My sister-in-law came to visit us in Virginia for a week
3. I was busy cleaning & packing up our apartment for the summer
4. Moving to a different state across the U.S.
5. Settling into our new home for the summer
6. Matt starting his internship
7. Visiting friends & family that we haven't seen in over a year!
8. Hanging out (finally) with Matt & not having to worry about him going to class
9. Oliver's 2nd birthday!
10. And, pretty much the fact that I just was burnt out...
I was so overwhelmed, yet excited with everything that was going on these past couple months, that I wanted to take time & just savor it. Meaning, that I didn't want to be sitting for hours, writing a new blog post, when I could be hanging out with my husband. I usually write my blog posts when Oliver heads to bed & when Matt is doing homework. But, since it is summer & Matt is only taking one class & working 30 hours a week, I wanted to just enjoy my time with him. I'm not writing this to tell you that I hated blogging, or that I was completely over it, I just needed a break. With all that being said, we have finally found our summer groove and I will be writing again!
As most of you know, we moved to Boise for the summer that way we could be closer to all our family & friends. Let me tell you, I missed every single one of them so very much! I am not going to sugar coat it, but the past year in Virginia has been tough. Not the whole year, just parts of it. You know, the times where you just need a friend to call up & go out to coffee with?? Of course I made some pretty amazing & wonderful friends in Virginia, but it isn't the same as the ones you left behind. We have been so blessed & extremely grateful that God opened up all the doors for us to spend the summer here! He provided a house for us to stay, a car, an internship & a great church to attend!
This past month has been pretty busy with bbq's, park dates, Sunday drives & pretty much just hanging out with friends and family. I love this kind of busy. We just celebrated Oliver's second birthday, which brought so many different emotions, but all were good! I will share a little bit about his birthday weekend soon, but this post was just to let you guys know that I am back (cheesy, I know).
I really cannot wait to see what the rest of our summer is like & I hope you all are having a marvelous time too!